Housekeeping SupervisorSalary Position | Whistler, BC
Housekeeping Supervisor Role
As part of a small team in our boutique vacation rental agency, the Premium Experiences Housekeeping Supervisor will benefit from the flexibility of partially working from home (or on the mountain) when they are not enjoying the natural playground we live, in Whistler, BC.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Housekeeping Supervisor will play a multi-faceted role in supporting the day-to-day business of Premium Whistler, our sales agents, cleaning team and property owners.
While hours are flexible and expected to fluctuate throughout the year, it is expected that during the peak summer, winter and holiday season, that the Housekeeping Supervisor will be expected to provide in-person support to our owners and sales team so that the company can best manage the guest experience of our clients, with the goal of providing a 5-star holiday experience in our collection of luxury Whistler properties
There will be a considerable amount of in-person training required at the beginning of hire in order to become familiar with the company systems, properties and for the Housekeeping Supervisor to be comfortable and confident in their role.
Requirements: Must legally be able to work in Canada, and have a valid driver’s license
Previous housekeeping experience required and the ideal candidate hopefully a bit OCD about cleaning with a love of interior design! Must have excellent communication skills and a high level of professionalism in a sometimes fast-paced environment.
- Support the Sales and Operations teams by managing the housekeeping team, and maintaining systems and documentation integral to providing a VIP holiday experience for our guests.
- An expectation to become deeply familiar with our exclusive homes, local neighborhoods and resort life in Whistler in general.
- Ensure our collection of properties are presented and maintained at a 5-star level.
- Deliver personalized professionalism in all dealings with Clients, Home Owners, Suppliers and Colleagues.
- Ensure communication and relationships with colleagues and partners globally is excellent and allows Premium Experiences to deliver world-class service.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-time salary or Hourly Wage starting at $25-28/per hour to be negotiated based on experience and availability
- Overtime applies to hours worked over 8 hours per day.
- Stat holiday pay and included 4% vacation pay.
- We can review in 3 months to determine employees’ goals, strengths and company opportunities and assess the evolution of this role.
- Hours will be logged through our “Connecteam” scheduling app, and payroll is processed on a bi-weekly basis on the 1st and 15th of each month.
- Group Benefits are provided to full-time employees, with a 50/50 company match for all single coverage, after 3 months of probation.
Housekeeping Manager Responsibilities
- Manage the Premium Experiences Cleaning Team;
- Recruit, hire, and train new housekeepers
- Ensure our high quality housekeeping standards are maintained
- Schedule housekeeping shifts on our easy Connecteam App.
- Take housekeeping requests from the sales team and schedule accordingly
- Lead by example and clean homes with the housekeeping team when needed
- Manage/Update forms, checklists and other resource material on the Connecteam App for the PE Cleaning Team as needed
- Work with the cleaning team leads to ensure supplies for the cleaning team are stocked and the storage unit is organized.
- Ensure housekeeping hours are monitored and kept efficient.
- Be present and check in on cleans as needed to make sure everything is on track.
- Delegate and provide guidance to cleaning team leads
- Motivate and incentivise the housekeeping team
- Ensure linens and laundry for each property are organized and inventory up to date
- Drop off and pick up linens, robes at laundry facilities
- Create invoices to the home owners for their use of the Premium Experiences Cleaning Team
- Assist with the onboarding of new properties and the auditing of the home to ensure that all required supplies, linens are in place for rentals.
- Assist in the organization of inventory storage unit and ordering supplies.
- Support the team by ensuring that our rental homes meet Premium Experiences set of quality standards through; regular home inspections, ensuring that chalet binders include accurate and relevant rental information (A/V instructions, house rules, ski/in-out instructions, contact sheets, etc).
- Assist in property management when required by scheduling maintenance services, accepting deliveries to homes, scheduling cleaning, dropping off supplies and tracking inventory in each home.
- Assist in the set up and styling of homes for professional photoshoots.
- Sourcing and setup of decor items if required
- Use of the company car (if required) to move supplies and cleaners, support the team as needed.
- Assist Operations Director with:
- Updating property management system with property relevant details
- Document creation and creative support in Canva
- Social Media posts to company’s Facebook and Instagram pages
- Attend weekly scheduled company meetings
WORKING FOR PREMIUM WHISTLER
“Thank you for an incredible season. Had the best time and look forward to next winter”
Chef James - Private Chef - Summer 2019
“Thank you for such an amazing experience this season. I've learned so much and genuinely enjoyed working with everyone!”
Hannah, Chalet Host - Winter 2021
“Great company, Great team! Best ski season ever!”
David - Cleaner - Winter 2022
“Absolute dream Job! Will cherish all the fun and amazing experiences I got to have with you all!”
Sarah - Marketing Manager - 2019
Premium Experiences Inc.
8129 Cedar Spring Rd