COVID-19 WHISTLER CANADA GUIDANCE
Updated: June 15, 2021
COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY UPDATE
Travel Advisory – Updated June 15, 2021
BC is currently in Step 2 of the BC Restart Plan. During Step 2, recreational travel within British Columbia is permitted.
Travellers from other provinces are welcome to visit BC in Step 3. Canadian Borders remain closed, but we are all being very hopeful for boarders to open from September onwards.
UPDATED CANCELLATION POLICIES:
- A pre-authorization payment will be taken as a security deposit upon arrival
- 35% deposit due at time of booking.
- Remaining balance due 30 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellations outside of 31 days of arrival will forfeit any deposits received***
- Cancellations within 30 days of arrival will forfeit the full amount***
- Once full payment is taken, no refunds are given if all or any part of the reservation is cancelled, either before arrival date or during the stay***.
- No shows are regarded as a cancellation.
*** Formal Government Travel Restrictions – Due to Covid-19***
- Should your travel plans be impacted due to (FORCE MAJEURE) COVID-19 formal government travel restrictions or a complete Whistler Blackcomb Resort shut down, a refund will be processed minus a 10% administration fee on monies received, or a 100% credit will be issued, to be used within 18 months of original arrival date.
- This credit is valid towards a stay at these properties only, dependent on availability.
- This credit is valid on direct bookings only. Any booking made through third-party sites, unfortunately, will not be authorized use of this credit.
- Should you choose to change the lead guest name, please have the original lead guest email us this to confirm the change. There will be no change fee applied here.
- Note, if your future stay is of higher value, the difference will be charged. Properties and rates are subject to change.