Chalet HostContract Position | Whistler, BC
The role of a Chalet Host is to oversee the running of the household in our VIP catered chalets and the gatekeeper to communicate guest requests to our Concierge team. Your job will include some light housekeeping duties, serving, as well as ensuring the guests are well cared for throughout their stay. You will work alongside the private chef who is responsible for running the chalet kitchen to ensure a smooth and well-presented meal service.
You never get a second chance to make an impression so it is imperative that we put our best foot forward and leave the guests with a positive lasting impression. As a team, we will create a warm and friendly atmosphere so the guests can enjoy a world-class 5-star experience found at the top hotels or yachts in the world.
Fine dining serving experience is a must, as well as some light bartending skills. The ideal candidate is warm and friendly with a keen eye for detail, resourceful and problem-solving nature, and an understanding that discretion is paramount when dealing with this level of guest.
- Ensuring a warm welcome to our guests on arrival and introducing them to their accommodations
- General hosting of the guests in the chalet, ensuring that at all times that they are comfortable and have all their requirements met
- Ensuring that the chalet is presented at a very high standard
- Daily tidying of all areas of the house including bathrooms, bedrooms, communal areas including laundry and ski room
- Assisting the housekeeping staff with any in house laundry that needs to be completed on a daily basis
- Assisting chef in any breakfast duties: freshwater, coffee cups, hot water and juices should be prepared for guests upon waking up
- Setting table for breakfast, serving warm beverages and breakfast
- Unloading dishwasher and putting dishes away
- Cleaning coffee machine regularly
- Liaising with management, housekeeping staff and co-workers to discuss any changing guest requirements for the day
- Assist guests with ski equipment and ensure they have everything they need for the day
- Stocking face cloths in handwarmer every day. At the end of each shift, it should be turned off
- Fresh towels for the hot tub, pool, and gym areas should be laundered and returned for guest use
- Gym is stocked with fresh water each day
- Keeping an eye on inventory stock and writing a list of anything required for the team to restock
- Serving afternoon snacks and beverages for aprés
- Preparing the dining table for dinner service, and assisting the chef in the kitchen, if required
- Serving at the table at all meals and clearing plates when meals are finished
- Assisting chef with kitchen clean up duties including clearing of tables, loading dishwasher, putting dishes away, wiping counters and table, sweeping and washing floors, cleaning chairs and using spot cleaner if required, removal of kitchen garbage.
- Turning down rooms at the end of the evening;, setting mood lighting, and music if requested.
- Ensuring hot tub cover is on and wet towels are put in wash
- Laundering any napkins leftover and folding for morning dining. Ironing any tablecloths or linens for the following day
- Before leaving ensure that guests have everything they need. Remember to lock doors and make certain you have completed all required duties
- Daily download to the management team
Compensation and Benefits
WORKING FOR PREMIUM WHISTLER
“Thank you for an incredible season. Had the best time and look forward to next winter”
Chef James - Private Chef - Summer 2019
“Thank you for such an amazing experience this season. I've learned so much and genuinely enjoyed working with everyone!”
Hannah, Chalet Host - Winter 2021
“Great company, Great team! Best ski season ever!”
David - Cleaner - Winter 2022
“Absolute dream Job! Will cherish all the fun and amazing experiences I got to have with you all!”
Sarah - Marketing Manager - 2019
Premium Experiences Inc.
8129 Cedar Spring Rd